harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] internationalization and new patches
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:13:23 GMT

> We have recently starting internationalization of existing modules
> (thanks to all people involved!)
>
> Now when we submit new patches and apply old ones let's make sure that
> we don't break internationalization for the modules that were already
> internationalized!

I've analyzed modules in Harmony that were already internationalized, they
are: luni, archive, sql.
IMHO we must don't break internationalization for the modules that were
already
internationalized but we should update them to follow the
new internationalization scheme that was discussed on harmony-dev. This
scheme supposed to be common for all modules in harmony.

Turning back to already internationalized modules..
There is nothing to do for sql module.
Archive module was partly internationalized. I've prepared patch where all
necessary messages were ported from the
o.a.h.luni.util.ExternalMessages.properties file into the
o.a.h.archive.internal.nls.messages.properties file with updated keys.
Committer who is going to apply this patch or any other patch with
internationalization for this module - should check if everything is
correct.
I suggest to do the same with luni module.

Regards,
Ilya.

Thanks,