harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Trying to catch patternset errors earlier
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:58:59 GMT
2006/9/28, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> On 28 September 2006 at 14:30, "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I think that it will be better to add another target to build for this check.
> > Because of two reasons:
> > 1. It is unclear that clean is also checks something
> This simple check can only happen part way through the clean target -
> after the modules have done their cleaning and before the top-level
> cleanup is done.
I see your point.

But let's review the sitatuation from another viewpoint...
What do we need in general?
We need up-to-date list of all packages in the specified module. Right?
If so we can create simple script to update patternset files... Or
even create them at build time. But will cost us build time itself :)

> > 2. If it will fail and leave some files in build dirs how should I
> > clean the repository?
> I've fixed the clean target so that it always completes the cleaning
> process even if it fails.
Thanks.

SY, Alexey