harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [legal] change of copyright notice policy
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:05:13 GMT
I've done the similar task for Apache Yoko project some time ago. I
removed original IONA copyright notices and replace them with Apache
one.

I've used simple command line expression based on the knowledge of
copyright notice size.

I can do the same thing for Harmony but the patch will be big... :)

SY, Alexey

> The ASF has changed it's copyright notice policy for source files.
> The policy is noted here :
>
>    http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
>
> Any release after Nov 1, 2006 must conform to this policy.  Since we
> aren't near a release yet, we have plenty of time, but we should do
> this sooner than later.
>
> First and foremost, any new contributions should follow the policy.
>
> Second, we should decide how we want to proceed.  It's clear to me
> that we're not going to naturally touch all the files over time in
> any reasonable amount of time, so we can't just do it over time as we
> work on the code.
>
> The best solution is a script that can be run on an arbitrary source
> tree, so that developers can do this on a package by package basis
> (or the whole thing at once, although it seems package by package
> over time by all the committers seems to be a good way to farm out
> the work.  :)
>
> I think that patches are a bad idea for this since the script is
> neater and re-usable for other projects as well.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> geir

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division