harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] Internal testing framework for Jitrino.OPT compiler
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:09:26 GMT
Hi Ivan!
Writing tests for internal JIT algorithms and optimizations is the best way
to learn Jitrino.OPT compiler from inside.
I think that we should start from testing the ControlFlowGraph related
algorithms first because of ControlFlowGraph structures and routines are
shared by both H(igh-level)IR and L(ow-level)IR.

To write a test we must have a complete specification to the tested methods
first. I tried to document ControlFlowGraph package and put the
documentation to JIRA [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1544 ]
Just replace your version of ControlFlowGraph.h file with version in JIRA or
apply the patch. I hope commiters will accept this patch soon.

After it's done you can create new IR templates and write tests for the
documented methods using samples from JIRA [
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1531 ].

On 9/22/06, Ivan Kollegov <kollegov.ivan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello JIT developers.
> I am a student and want to learn JIT and understand its structure.
> What should I learn first? Is there some documentation for JIT?
> I think could write some tests for JITs methods. It would be useful for
> me.
> Thanks,
> Kollegov Ivan

Mikhail Fursov