harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][apr] APR fails to load a JIT library when using a fully qualified path
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:33:58 GMT
APR gurus!
I have a question I can't answer by myself.

Usually to develop and test new JIT features I use custom EM configuration
file to move problem methods to a separate JIT instance.
Now I can't use this feature, because APR is unable to load a JIT library
with a fully specied path.

So the problem is:
1) I ask EM to use custom JIT library:
C:/users/mfursov/harmony_trace2/drlvm/trunk/vm/jitrino/bin/debug/jitrino.dll
2) EM asks VM (APR) to load this module
3) In dso.c, line 77 I see that 'wpath' variable is valid, but
LoadLibraryExW is failed.

The error message is : Failure to open JIT dll
file://C:/users/mfursov/harmony_trace2/drlvm/trunk/vm/jitrino/bin/debug/jitrino.dll720126
I know that there is nothing wrong with my DLL because if I copy it to the
default jitrino.dll location and do not use any paths everything works fine.

The simplest way to reproduce the bug is to use -Dem.jitPath=<path to
jitrino.dll> option.
Once  <path to jitrino.dll> is just 'jitrino.dll' APR loads DLL, but if you
change it to the full path to the same dll, APR fails to load it.

?

--
Mikhail Fursov