harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][jit] MMTk-style magics implementation in Jitrino.OPT compiler
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:15:43 GMT
All,
I'm working on the implementation of MMTk's
"org.vmmagic.unboxed<org/vmmagic/unboxed/package-frame.html>"
package functionality in Jitrino.OPT compiler.
If you are interested to participate in the development, I propose to
discuss all details in this mail thread.

The current state:
Part of the functionality of vmmagic package is done in the magic1.patch.
See JIRA 1489 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1489)

Tasks that are not finished:
1) Support of unsigned types.
2) Support of atomic prepare/attempt operations
3) Testing suit for vmmagic package.
4) EM64T support

I hope items 1) and 2) will be finished in a week or even sooner if someone
helps. After it's done the item 4) won't be a problem.
I think that the problem (at least for me) is item 3): we need a test suite
for vmmagic package. I saw several tests in Weldon's drlvm/trunk/vm/MMTk
folder, but this is not sufficient to cover the whole vmmagic package. Does
anyone know/can_write a reliability test suite for vmmagic we can use in
Harmony?

--
Mikhail Fursov