harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rui Hu" <roberthu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [General]Is there an agreement on different order of throwing Exceptions between RI and Harmony?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:52:13 GMT
And, based on the agreement of exception-throwing compability issue,  I
think most those JIRAs can fall into guideline2:"*Follow the Reference
Implementation* "

Because in most situation, the order of throwing Exceptions is not
restricted in spec, and almost any order is reasonable. So we can just
follow RI in most JIRAs. And maybe few special cases need to be discussed.

> Tony, we have got an agreement on exception-throwing compability issue[1].
>
> But of course it's always OK to discuss any specific case.
>
> [1]
> http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/compat.html
>

> On 9/18/06, Tony Wu <wuyuehao@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I noticed there are many JIRA issues [1] about Exception order. Some of
> > them
> > were fixed whereas others were marked as non-bug difference.
> > I wonder which kind of Exception order problem should be fixed, and
> which
> > type should be left as non-bug difference.
> > Is there any agreement? I suggest setting one if not.
> >
> > [1]
> > HARMONY-1214
> > HARMONY-1215
> > HARMONY-1240