harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] invoking non-trivial jars results in IllegalAccessError
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:46:24 GMT
So the simple-minded JarRunner that I added to DRLVM works for simple
things, but I'm seeing the method.invoke() toss a
InvocationTargetException wrapping a IllegalAccessError for Geronimo
and Eclipse.

I'm sure it's obvious to someone here, but it's not to me.  I'm going
to keep trying to figure it out, as I'm going to learn something, but
if anyone knows the answer, please, just shout it out.

The way that DRLVM works now w/ a jar is that it simplemindedly runs
o.a.h.vm.JarRunner, which expects the jar name as the first element
in the String[] passed to main().  it opens the jar, finds the main
class name from the manifest, gets that Method, and then invokes it.

For simple test jars, it works fine.  For Eclipse, for example, I get

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: from org/eclipse/core/launcher/Main to
org/eclipse/core/launcher/Main$Identifier
         at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:265)
         at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
         at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
         at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(Native Method)
         at org.apache.harmony.vm.JarRunner.main(Unknown Source)

I'm sure it's something obvious I'm overlooking.  Thanks for any help.

geir