harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [doc] new "Getting Started" guides
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:06:48 GMT

On Sep 22, 2006, at 3:04 AM, Vladimir Gorr wrote:

> On 9/22/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Since Harmony is an open source project probably we should change the
>> link from commercial WinZip to open source 7-Zip[1] :)
>

> It has *GNU LGPL. *IIRC we can't use this, can it?

Sure you can - we're not distributing it - we're just noting it's a
tool for people to use.  You can use tools to do your work no matter
what license they are under, as long as the tools themselves don't
place some kind of restriction or burden on the output.

I mentioned winzip because 99.999% of every windows box I've ever
seen had it.  But yes, that's good - I'll collect all the suggestions
in this thread and add those.