harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Problem with running DRLVM on Fedora Core 5
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 00:45:46 GMT

On Sep 19, 2006, at 8:24 PM, YangTing wrote:

> hi,
>
>    I checked out the lates classlib and drlvm source tree last
> night. I was
> able to build drlvm successfully. However, I encountered the
> following error
> when I tried to run DRLVM:
>
> $ java
>    Harmony Java launcher
>    Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache
> Software
> Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
>    java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
>    java: relocation error:
> /home/tyang5/DRLVM.new/Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/
> bin/libhyprt.so:
> symbol hythread_exit, version HYTHR_0.1 not defined in file
> libhythr.so with
> link time reference

Yah, we're tracking this down.  Thanks.

> If I try Hello.class, I got
>
> $ ./java Hello
>
> An unhandled error (4) has occurred.
> HyGeneric_Signal_Number=00000004
> Signal_Number=0000000b
> Error_Value=00000000
> Signal_Code=00000002
> Handler1=0804AA60
> Handler2=002FD5CF
> InaccessibleAddress=088E4470
> Aborted
>
> I searched the email archive and jira entries, and fixed fat_monitor.c
> assertion problem based on Harmony-1340. I tried to unset
> JAVA_HOME, or set
> it to ...deploy/jre of drlvm, but still have the same problem.
> I am using a Fedora core 5 linux box, with gcc version 4.1.0, and I
> was able
> to successfully build and run drlvm on the exact same machine about
> 2 months
> ago :-) Any ideas about what might be happening?

Lots of things have changed since then.  The biggest is switching to
using the launcher, and clearly we haven't worked out all the issues.
This is very useful information - thanks.

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Ting.
>
> BTW, when I was building DRLVM for the SVN head, I ran into a
> couple of
> minor issues (all from source code in jitrno/src):
> 1. jet/jet.cpp
>     An extra line of "           \n" in the initializer of args[]
> [2] (line
> 290) causes a compilation failure
> 2. optimizer/reassociate.h
>     Missing a statement "class Simplifier" at the beginning, which
> causes
> gcc to complain at line 79 ("friend class Simpilifier;")
> 3. jet/cg_meth.cpp
>     At line 389, the statment "jt = jt = flt32 ? i32 : i64;" causes
> gcc to
> complain,  so I removed one "jt ="
> 4. codegenerator/ia32/Ia32Encoder.cpp
>     At line 56, missing a pair of braces in the initializer of
> memOpndConstraints[16], which also causes a compilation error.
> 5. There a lot of warnings of "extra quantification" and "virutal
> class with
> non-virtual destructor" which are fairly easy to get around.
>
> I am curious to know which is the most stable revision number for
> DRLVM ?

THis is all very good feedback.

Right now, I'd probably say the most table version is what was
offered as the last snapshot - see the harmony site /download section.

But we just put a lot of new code in and switched to using the
launcher, so if you stay with head, the help in getting things
organzied is very much appreciated.

geir