harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][launcher][drlvm] Running vm inside gdb
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:54:27 GMT

On Sep 23, 2006, at 7:05 AM, Ivan Volosyuk wrote:

>> On Sep 23, 2006, at 6:00 AM, Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
>>
>> > I have found a solution to this issue. As before, it helps to setup
>> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running launcher.
>>
>> Lets be clear - it only helped to setup LD_LIBRARY_PATH before for
>> reasons unknown.  W/o my recent change, it worked fine on Ubuntu 6
>> but not on Suse...
>
> It works fine on my gentoo. The only thing. Look at the paths. First
> one without trailing slash, the second with it. This should be exactly
> the same after the check is fixed. :) I don't know the reason for
> that, so I have left this intact.

Oh, just because it doesn't matter - we could add the trailing slash
if we wanted too...

>> > If it finds required PATHs it
>> > doesn't re-execute itself. Pathes looks like:
>> > path[0] = /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin/default
>> > path[1] = /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin/
>> >
>> > BTW, I have found a bug in the path checks. Giving only first path
>> > will satisfy the condition in the code and will prevent execv(),
>> but
>> > VM will fail to run:
>>
>> Ha!  yes, of course.  My bad.  Obviously if the needed path is a
>> substring of a path that's already there, it does the wrong thing.
>> Doh :)
>>
>> > export #LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/
>> jre/
>> > bin/default
>> > #./deploy/jre/bin/java Test
>> > java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError : Failed loading library
>> > "libhyzlib.so": DSO load failed
>> >
>> > I'm working on the fix.
>>
>> Ok.  I think it's straightforward - look to see if the full string is
>> there by seeing if
>>
>>    *(ptr + strstr() + 1) == either null or separator
> Will not work. We should do this in loop at least.

Yes, that was shorthand for "for each match of the dir in the
oldpath, see if the next char is a separator or the null at the end.
if so, you found a match, otherwise keep going"

You did effectively the same thing in the patch.