harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Zilles <zil...@cs.uiuc.edu>
Subject question about support for compressed StringBuffers
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:24:41 GMT

	I noticed in the file trunk/vm/vmcore/src/util/vm_strings.cpp there
is some code to support the storage of strings in arrays of (8b)
bytes rather than arrays of (16b) unsigned shorts.  In the debugger,
I placed breakpoints in this code, and it was never active in my run.

	Can someone tell me the current status of this code and, if it is
active, how I can turn it on?  (From inspecting the source, it looked
inactive via hardcoding "false" on whether to compress the strings).
I might be interested in working on this code.

													- Craig