harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRLVM] (JIRA 1580) write barrier implementation for JET
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:17:15 GMT
Hi, the patch attached in JIRA 1580 (submitted by YuNan) is a write
barrier implementation for JET that GCv5 is going to use (it doesn't
impact anything else). It would be great if some commiter can help to
review and commit it. Thanks. -xiaofeng

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1580?page=all

The patch is against revision revision 442796.

Repeat the desciption of the patch:
"Attached patch is an implementation of write barrier for JET compiler
of DRLVM. The patch lets JET to call "gc_requires_barriers()" of GC to
determine if it needs to insert the write barrier code into the jitted
code, so it doesn't impact current DRLVM/GC at all. It calls
gc_heap_slot_write_ref( ) of GC module, which takes three parameters.
The signature is "void gc_heap_slot_write_ref (Managed_Object_Handle
p_obj_holding_ref,Managed_Object_Handle *p_slot, Managed_Object_Handle
p_target)".

The patch is based on revision 442796. We hope it can be committed to
Harmony soon because GCv5 will be depending on it. We don't use
existing getaddress__gc_write_barrier_fastcall () in DRLVM because it
only remembers object rather than the slot, and the name is not
descriptive. But we may use it later. Thanks."