harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:10:46 GMT
On Sep 19, 2006, at 8:37 AM, Ivan Volosyuk wrote:

[SNIP]

>  ./java
>
> Harmony Java launcher
> Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
> Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
> java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
> ./java: relocation error:
> /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/
> libhyprt.so:
> symbol hythrea
> d_exit, version HYTHR_0.1 not defined in file libhythr.so with link
> time reference
>
> After I have commented out:
>   assert(saved_recursion<1);

Ok - this is semi-known behavior - the launcher now doesn't do
anything, um, intelligent if it is invoked w/o an arguments, and
clearly there's something unpleasant going on when it's just the
launcher running, probably with our version of the thread library.

I'm going to modify the launcher to pass "-help" into the VM when
it's been named "java*" so that it behaves like the tools that come
with the Sun's, BEA's and IBM's impelmentation.

IOW, I think that users expect :

./java

..... print help here....

But we do need to hunt down why it exits so ungracefully - this is a
good test case showing problems since it's so simple.

geir