harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Denis Kishenko" <dkishe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Marking JIRA issues before creation of patches.
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:24:40 GMT
If I am going to work with whole module then "Harmony class library
development status"[1] page is useful but if I want to work with
several classes, for example fix some JAPI issues or make serious
changes, then existing wiki page can't be used.

I agree with creating JIRA issue and sending notification to dev-list,
but I think more detailed status list is necessary, not only modules
but packages and classes too.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/component_development_status

2006/9/7, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com>:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > Good.
> >
> > Also, don't just do things in JIRA.  Add the comment in JIRA, but also
> > send something to the dev list.  That way, people who are interested
> > will more easily notice and maybe offer to help, or such...
> +1, and for classlib, we have had some wiki pages[1]-[3] to list the
> ToDos and to record who is doing or has interest on what.
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/component_development_status
> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Excluded_tests
> [3] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary
>

> > geir
> >

> > Oleg Khaschansky wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> There were situations when several people started work on the same
> >> issue simultaneously. This happens because it is impossible to assign
> >> an issue to a non-committer. I suggest the following process to
> >> prevent these collisions:
> >>
> >> 1. If non-committer starts investigation and is pretty sure that he
> >> will proceed with the patch then he adds a comment like "starting
> >> investigation" to the JIRA issue. Maybe we should have a special
> >> keyword for this to make a search easier.
> >> 2. If for some reason he is unable to provide the patch, he adds a
> >> comment about this also.
> >>
> >> What do you think about this?
> >>
> >> --
> >>  Oleg