harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] jre and hdk snapshots posted to general snapshot site
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:17:40 GMT
today I tries to build and test one module with HDK. It almost works
:). Small instruction to reproduce:

1) checkout trunk -N, make and modules/<beans> dirs. Note, <beans>/build.xml
refers to some staff in the make dir. Also, the luni-kernel and
security-kernel modules should be checkout to hide errors:
trunk\modules\beans\build.xml:80: Excludesfile
trunk\deploy\build\patternsets\luni-kernel.txt not found.
and
C:\tmp\tmp30\trunk\modules\beans\build.xml:80: Excludesfile
trunk\deploy\build\patternsets\security-kernel.txt not found.

2) run something like "ant -Dhy.jdk=C:\harmony\hdk\jdk -Dbuild.module=beans"
from the 'trunk' directory to copy patternsets to the deploy dir. Note, this
command will be failed on the check-dependency task.

3) set CLASSPATH=junit.jar;hdk\build\test\support.jar

4) go to the module dir (modules/beans in my case). That's all: module ready
to use. You can press: ant -Dhy.jdk=hdk\jdk clean/build/test. Note,
actually, the beans.jar in the HDK will be updated. It is OK?

To do in the build system:
 - remove dependency on the luni-kernel and security-kernel modules
 - add mode to rebuild module without HDK update (?)
 - add mode to run tests with build html-report for each module.
 - add mode to run all tests from tests.jar over HDK+ updated classes.
 - ?

 thanks, Vladimir

On 9/28/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good point. +1 from me.
>
> SY, Alexey
>
> 2006/9/27, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com>:
> > If we plan to use HDK for supporting developers who work on single
> > module (that is a good idea IMHO) then we definitely need to supply
> > jar with tests. We may also supply the build file with placeholders
> > for user classes & tests dirs that will be prepended to
> > classpath/bootclasspath.
> >
> > Regards,

> of
> > >

> > > Yes, you are correct. This idea implemented in the jira 964.
> > >
> > > If that's so, then something would
> don't
> > >

> > > Seems, we think about different use cases.
> > >
> > > In my case, user can download the HDK for own platform (if we have
> one) run
> > > tests and look on results (also, may be upload it to the harmony
> site). Also
> > > it can be used for application run to check 'enable' status. But if
> this
> > > user interested in Harmony development he should checkout ws and use
> > > built-in ant targets to build and test updated ws.
> > >

> > > How you plan to use HDK? It looks like initial miscommunication :)
> > >  thanks, Vladimir

 Also, lets
> not
> sure