harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] HARMONY-995: adding new target to builds for automatic testing
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:12:34 GMT

> How will you be able to grab that information from the logs, so I can
> see histories and such?  I'm not going to go manually scanning logs.
> I want a web page that shows me the history.  This is what the CI
> system does right now.  Why would we want to reverse that?  I want to
> be able to graph the times to look for aberrations....
>
> I guess you can write log-scanning code, but that seems to be longer
> than the 19 extra lines that would be in the script for cruise
> control...

OK. At least now I see a difference. You think about web-interface primary
but I about notification interface. In both cases to define the reason of
failure you should scanning logs but to see the 'current state' web
interface more convenient. At nearest time I will experiment with both
systems to define the best one and share results.

 thanks, Vladimir