harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] HARMONY-995: adding new target to builds for automatic testing
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:14:38 GMT

> We seem to be having a bit of a communication issue.  No, he wouldn't
> miss it, because the system would send mail in that case.
>
> The system would send mail in case of failure for every case, and
> only success for the tests, as you seemed to be asking.
>
> Actually, my configuration wouldn't send mail for anything except
> "transition" - first failure, and then first recovery...

I know. I just do small update for yor system :)

But you can send just one email with a summary of everything that
> happened during that run.
>
> The fact that the system did :
>
>    call fetch-depends
>    call build clean
>    call build
>    call test
>
> should have no bearing on how many emails it sends.

Agree. But instead of one line of code in the build we have 20+ in the tool
(and 3 in my bat-file to do full testing cycle for classlib). Of cause, tool
can do it (and do now) but we can do some things more easy.

 thanks, Vladimir

geir