harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [classlib][TestNG] groups of Harmony test
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:48:38 GMT
OK, let's return back to the usage model.
If I understood it correctly, before the commit of any changes each
developer run *all* tests (at least all which we have now) on all available
to him platforms. In this context seems we don't need in any 'level' group
(while 'stress' tests require reasonable time to pass).
Seems, that "platform" group also can be deleted (at present time we have
<10 platform-dependent tests and this amount should not increase
dramatically so the platform-detection can be included to the each such
test).
Also "cpu" groups can be deleted (while we have not cpu-dependent test).
At the end we need only "state" groups to support test exclusion on the
'one-element' level (while we have unresolved entries in the current exclude
list).

So, after small update of unit (aka integration, aka regression etc) tests
and resolution of all entries in the exclude list we don't need any groups
and pure JUnit covers all our needs :)

On the other side, if we define some groups it will nice to define *all*
reasonable groups at the begin of the process.

 thanks, Vladimir

By the way, our regression tests are 'classic' regression tests that
demonstrate some issues which were not resolved by initial code. But it
provides less coverage than 'regression tests' + unit tests, of cause.