harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][launcher][drlvm] Running vm inside gdb
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:54:34 GMT

On Sep 23, 2006, at 6:00 AM, Ivan Volosyuk wrote:

> I have found a solution to this issue. As before, it helps to setup
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running launcher.

Lets be clear - it only helped to setup LD_LIBRARY_PATH before for
reasons unknown.  W/o my recent change, it worked fine on Ubuntu 6
but not on Suse...

> If it finds required PATHs it
> doesn't re-execute itself. Pathes looks like:
> path[0] = /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin/default
> path[1] = /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/bin/
>
> BTW, I have found a bug in the path checks. Giving only first path
> will satisfy the condition in the code and will prevent execv(), but
> VM will fail to run:

Ha!  yes, of course.  My bad.  Obviously if the needed path is a
substring of a path that's already there, it does the wrong thing.
Doh :)

> export #LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/deploy/jre/
> bin/default
> #./deploy/jre/bin/java Test
> java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError : Failed loading library
> "libhyzlib.so": DSO load failed
>
> I'm working on the fix.

Ok.  I think it's straightforward - look to see if the full string is
there by seeing if

   *(ptr + strstr() + 1) == either null or separator

Back to the issue - this means that we can't debug across the execv()?

geir