harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [legal] change of copyright notice policy
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:26:25 GMT
The ASF has changed it's copyright notice policy for source files.
The policy is noted here :

   http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Any release after Nov 1, 2006 must conform to this policy.  Since we
aren't near a release yet, we have plenty of time, but we should do
this sooner than later.

First and foremost, any new contributions should follow the policy.

Second, we should decide how we want to proceed.  It's clear to me
that we're not going to naturally touch all the files over time in
any reasonable amount of time, so we can't just do it over time as we
work on the code.

The best solution is a script that can be run on an arbitrary source
tree, so that developers can do this on a package by package basis
(or the whole thing at once, although it seems package by package
over time by all the committers seems to be a good way to farm out
the work.  :)

I think that patches are a bad idea for this since the script is
neater and re-usable for other projects as well.

Thoughts?

geir