harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [classlib][TestNG] groups of Harmony test
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:00:39 GMT
On 9/11/06, Alexei Zakharov  wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > One more note (seems it already was said sorry if I repeat): the test
> > without any marks should be run in all configurations (i.e. we have
> > 'default' group but declaration of this group may be missed).
>
> I'd like to point your attention on the previous discussion about
> "default groups" :
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200607.mbox/%3c44C7457B.7080107@googlemail.com%3e
>
> I am still for using "os.any" since it is more self-descriptive and
> the build script will be simpler with "os.any".

This is not a good argument for using "os.any". Even more it may sound like
we are going to choose "wrong tool" - why we have to add "os.any" to 99% of
classlib tests? just because the harness can not do without it?

It will be nice to
> hear more arguments for using defaults because it seems the arguments
> that were gathered in that old thread hasn't been taken into account
> by participants of this thread.

As I understand "arguments in the old thread" - TestNG makes us to use "
os.any" annotation otherwise we have to do a lot of tricks to run tests,
right?

IMO a test annotation should be used as "red flag" for developer, for
example
* "state.broken" - hey, i'm broken fix me please
* "os.win" - i'm valid only for Windows, don't try to run me on Linux

So a test's annotation should point out that the test is a special one. But
if most of tests will contain a similar block of annotations then nobody
will looked at them. Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Stepan.

Thanks,

--