harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] missing underscores in native dll exports?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:45:26 GMT
I've noticed that the vast majority of the exported function names in
the classlib native libraries do not have underscores. For example,
for luni.dll the export table looks like:
dumpbin /EXPORTS hyluni.dll
  233   E6 0000C230 Java_org_apache_harmony_math_util_BigInteger_subImpl

On the other hand, MS compiler adds underscores to function names if
they are declared as __stdcall (which is same as JNICALL) by default.
If compile a native library as written in the JNI tutorial, the
resulted dll would also contain the underscores, e.g. the exported
name would be like:
      1    0 00001000 _Java_Test_test@8

Are the underscores switched off intentionally in the classlib's build?
I've also noticed that the underscores are generated for DRLVM's
kernel classes (those natives are in vmcore.dll):
       543  222 00068660 _Java_java_lang_Class_getStackClasses@16

Any ideas which naming scheme is the correct one for Windows?

--
Andrey Chernyshev
Intel Middleware Products Division