harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [classlib][TestNG] groups of Harmony test
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:41:07 GMT
IMNSO it doesn't make sense to arbitrarily partition the tests based
on a moniker, such as 'integration test', 'unit test', 'regression
test' etc. For one thing, developers are generally not good at
agreeing on the difference between them :-)

If you've got fast and slow tests, then have a group for fast and slow
tests. Then you can choose to just run the fast tests, and any
automated build system can handle running the slow tests.

Alex.

> On 9/4/06, Richard Liang <richard.liangyx@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > > Hi Vladimir
> > >
> > > Could you please decribe for what purpose it will be used?
> > >
> > > I mean why one might have to either exclude or run only regression
> > tests?
> >
> > If running all tests takes up much time, running all regression test
> > (for one particular version) may be a convenient way to verify the
> > correctness of bug-fixing.
>

> Thanks Richard. It is exactly what I want to say :)
> On the other hand may be all proposed groups need similar explanation (smt.
> like use-case for group)?
>
>  thanks, Vladimir
>
> Best regards,
> > Richard.