harmony-dev mailing list archives

From zouqiong <ust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm]A subject to profiling instrumenting
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:21:44 GMT
ok, I think your proposal is good.
the bug about profile the aaload is still exist :-(
I decide to solve it later.And now i want to implement the profile by
sampling.

Assign a counter to each BB, if the counter is larger than the threshold,
then
the original native code of the BB will be replaced by a new native code,
which is
instrumented with profiling. How do you think my idea? An additional INC,
and Branch
instruction will be added to each BB. Will it be better than no sampling to
profile?
I am not sure.

--
Best Regards,