harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [doc] "Quick Start" and FAQ
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:31:49 GMT

On Sep 21, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Tim Ellison wrote:

> What does: "allow them to do the follow-on checkout w/o having it
> do the
> build" mean?

When you checkout enhanced/trunk, you get a 'working_classlib'
directory, and a 'working_vm' directory that, when you fire off
"ant", will be set to be a working tree for both, respectively.

Right now, firing off ant will build the snapshots.

But to make it easy, I'll make a

   $ ant update_dirs

or something that does that  step to SVN head w/o the follow on
building and snapshot making.

make sense?

geir