harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] my latest round of patches broke something
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:07:39 GMT
Hi Weldon/Geir,
   Looks like we have quite a few Windows failures. Could one of you folks
please add in the the new file:

patches/win/APR/threadproc/win32/thread.c

  that is in 1457, but possibly got dropped from the commit?

  We also need H-1340 to fix the assert in the fat monitor. H-1519 may be
needed ( I suspect it is ), but we can look at it after the first two fixes
have gone in?

Thanks,
Rana

On 9/25/06, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/25/06, Ilya Berezhniuk < ilya.berezhniuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Geir, Vladimir,
> >
> > I've returned from vacation today, so my 2 cents to this discussion...
> >
> > I guess the problem have appeared because in r449399 the changes for
> > win/apr_thread_ext.c
> > were committed, but new file patches/win/APR/threadproc/win32/thread.c
> was
> > not committed. These changes are work together.
> >
> > The patch suggested by Vladimir will not fix issue completely.
>

> Maybe you are right. However I'd advise not to ignore our changes.
> In our opinion they are also useful. I see this patch eliminates a lot of
> test failures
> we have now on Windows. BTW Rana mentions about this as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir.
>
> I cannot provide a test for issue I have fixed (I can't understand how to
> > create it),
> > but it's quite enough to uncomment debug printing in
> > apr_thread_yield_other()
> > function to view differences on any simple Java application.

> then
> > >

> > > Under what platform? This problem exists only for Windows.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Vladimir.

> are

I'm