harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [jvmti] Question about JVMTI calling Java code
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:15:32 GMT
Weldon,
   It may be a little early to guard for architectural impact of large parts
of the VM being written in Java? I don't think that we are quite there yet
or need to consciously design to enable this till we have completed the MMTk
integration and done exhaustive perf work.
   In addition to the more trivial thread related data  being accessible
from C, to support ThreadGroup.Enumerate() etc. functions do we want a lot
of additional state in the thread manager for this? It may have been nice to
be able to add some recursion detection/protection support to the JVMTI
implementation, if not necessarily turning off events on all Java code. I
think that some level of recursion protection in JVMTI or in JVMTI based
agents is not uncommon.

Thanks,
Rana