harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][launcher] I am looking at the interaction between {classlib, launcher, drlvm} and {hysock, hysig, hythread}
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:45:32 GMT

> Hi, Weldon:
>     The usage of the argument of portLibrary is for the function to call
> other functions of the port library if needed. The argument is just a
> virtual function table, as you said, can be any implemenatation of the
> HyPortLibrary struct, not only the HyPortLibrary struct the function
> belongs
> to. Of course, different HyPortLibrary might lead to different behavior of
> the function if the HyPortLibrary is used by it.
>     I think the main purpose of the design is to alter some function of a
> specified HyPortLibrary struct flexibly, especially at runtime: What is
> necessary to do is just to change an entry in HyPortLibrary while the
> altered function can make use of other functions as well as other
> functions
> can use it.
>    Am I all right?:)

Hmmm... Interesting idea you have.  Basically the idea is to rewrite the
virtual function table _before_ any of the functions are used.  This makes
much more sense than the way drlvm currently boots up.  By the way, is there
any documentation that says what you are suggesting?  In other words, was
portlib specifically designed to do what you suggest?