harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] my latest round of patches broke something
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:58:51 GMT
The hang on gc.LOS on windows has been present for at least one week.  I
broke into the hung DRLVM with microsoft debugger.  Its running jitted code
that loops.  The loop seems to involve synchronization primitives (see email
chain "[drlvm] gc.LOS hangs on win32")

I still suspect a bug that is somehow associated with Object.wait().  Its
interesting to note what recently changed that might have an impact:

 - new thread manager
 - launcher was integrated

The launcher starts out in the context of classlib's portlib .  The classlib
portlib context is later on partially replaced with PORTLIB, a C struct
where all the members are nulled out.   Apparently signals run in the
context of classlib's portlib and the new thread manager runs in its own
(appropriate) context.  In any case, both classlib portlib and the new
threading manager have implementations of monitor_wait().  There may some
conflict on when and where each version of monitor wait is called.