harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][launcher] I am looking at the interaction between {classlib, launcher, drlvm} and {hysock, hysig, hythread}
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:25:39 GMT
It looks like hysignal.c is using the right monitor enter/exit().  That is,
the one from  drlvm/trunk/build/win_ia32_msvc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/hythr.dll

However, a bunch of functions in classlib's hysignal.c have an incoming
argument of "HyPortLibrary *portlib".  The portlib variable can either point
to the original classlib portlib C struct.  Or it can point to PORTLIB which
is a C struct with all the entries nulled out (more on this later.)

I think the next question to ask is what hysignal.c does with
the "HyPortLibrary *portlib" argument.  If anyone knows, please tell us.
Otherwise I will keep digging.

>From stepping through DRLVM bootup, it looks like classlib's portlib is
_dropped_  in signalProtectMain().  Then launcher gpProtectedMain calls
invocation(PORTLIB,...) where PORTLIB is a nulled out HyPortLibrary C
struct.  We need to put comments in the code describing the switch from
classlib's portlib to drlvm's nulled out version.