harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about support for compressed StringBuffers
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:32:06 GMT
hmm... I tried to putting a standard  title on this email.  It looks like we
all suffer from too much email.  So I repeat what I said earlier.

 All,
I took a look at this code.  I vote for keeping it.  The reason is because
Java is string intensive and historically things like string compression
make a difference to heap footprint and cache miss performance.   It looks
like a significant amount of work has already been put in this code.

Craig,
It would be great if you can work on this code and get it going.  I would be
happy to work with you to get the mods committed to Harmony svn.