harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib] thread library - let there be one!
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 05:25:02 GMT
All,
Is there something missing from the below analysis?  I did a grep for
"hythread_" in all of the classlib directory.  There were 1300 hits of which
1200++ where inside the code that implements classlib hythread itself.  In
other words, 1200++ hits are most likely irrelevant to a VM developer.   As
far as I can tell, only the following source files containing hythread_xxx
APIs are actually used by Harmony Classlib.  Is this accurate?

C:\t_harmony\classlib\trunk\modules\archive\src\main\native\zip\shared\zipsup.c(116):#define
ENTER()
hythread_monitor_enter(hythread_global_monitor())C:\t_harmony\classlib\trunk\modules\archive\src\main\native\zip\shared\zipsup.c(117):#define
EXIT() hythread_monitor_exit(hythread_global_monitor())

from c:\t_harmony\classlib\trunk\modules\luni\arc\main\port\shared\hynls.c
hythread_monitor_enter (nls->monitor); hythread_monitor_exit (nls->monitor);

C:\t_harmony\classlib\trunk\modules\luni\src\main\native\vmls\shared\vmls.c(82):
hythread_monitor_enter(globalMonitor);
C:\t_harmony\classlib\trunk\modules\luni\src\main\native\vmls\shared\vmls.c(103):
hythread_monitor_exit(globalMonitor);