harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [General VM] GC strategy:how to garbage collect short-lived objects quickly.
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 04:07:17 GMT

> Also, can MMTk function as the GC for DRLVM yet?  If not, can you
> provide a wrapper so it can?

Its not a simple wrapper that is missing.  MMTk is written in Java.  This
Java code needs to be intergrated into the bootstrap process of DRLVM.   For
example, initial bootstrap java code needs to run on a bootstrap java heap
until all of MMTk itself has been compiled and initialized.   I keep hoping
that the MMTk guys will volunteer to help me with this (hint, hint).  Having
said that, I am trying to put together a TODO list of stuff that needs doing
on the MMTk port so that others can jump in and help.  I hope to have this
list done within one week.

geir