harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRLVM][GC] MMTk w/ Jitrino.JET write barrier now pass simple tests
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:25:14 GMT
Using MMTk's GenMS collector, I was able to cause an object to be promoted
to mature generation.  Then write the ref ptr of nursery object  "X" in a
slot of the mature object.  This caused the write barrier to add the mature
object to the remembered set.  Then a bunch of throw away objects were
allocated which causes a nursery collection and object "X" gets promoted to
mature generation.  Details on how this test is constructed is in
TestGenMS.java.

The next step is to revector Jitrino.JET object allocation helper so that I
calls MMTk java alloc() method instead of C code.  I will start a seperate
email thiread on this topic shortly.

--
Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division