harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][GC] MMTk port now ready for write barrier integration
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 03:17:02 GMT
On 9/4/06, Ivan Volosyuk <ivan.volosyuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Weldon,
>
> what is the "user-mode"?

Thanks for asking.  Basically I call MMTk's object alloc() routine from java
application code instead of from DRLVM JIT runtime helper.  I use vmmagic to
patch up stuff.  The trick is to hide the objects allocated out of MMTk's
heap from the underlying GCV4.  For more detail, please look at
drlvm/trunk/vm/mmtk/*.java files.