harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JIRA]what is non-bug difference issue?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:47:05 GMT
On 9/13/06, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/13/06, Tony Wu wrote:
> >
> > When I looked though the old JIRA issues I noticed that many non-bug
> > difference issues had patches and some of them was fixed already.
> > e.g. harmony-401 836 1050 and so on.
> > IMHO the non-bug difference indicates that it is an acceptable
> difference
> > between RI and Harmony and won't be fixed.
> >
> > Am I right?
>

> Yes, I think you are right. Thanks for catching this.
>
> IIRC we created this JIRA category just to document difference with RI but
> not to fix it. IMO you should add comments to such JIRAs asking why a
> difference was fixed.

I suggest that if the "bug" was fixed for some reason, we should change the
component too, i.e, "classlib" instead of "non-bug difference from RI".

Another question is for those real "non-bug difference from RI" JIRAs, what
should be the final status, opened or closed? I suggest the latter so that
all of JIRAs could be closed eventually. Comments? Thanks!

Thanks,