harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vmi] passing -X options to VM
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 05:02:52 GMT
Geir,

I don't think we should make such changes in a quick patch. We have VM
and JIT documentation and various scripts that use "-Xem opt" format
and changing it to "-Xem:opt" is not only about adding extra colon. I
think we need to fix this or at least to support both formats for some
transition period.

Pavel Ozhdikhin

> go for it.  Thanks
>
> On Sep 21, 2006, at 2:05 AM, Mikhail Fursov wrote:
>
> > Checked -Xem:opt/jet/.. - works fine. The old format had a space
> > between
> > -Xem and <config name>.
> > The new format is reasonable because it's more RI-like, but help
> > message on
> > -X option in DRLVM still contains parameters formatting like:
> > -Xstats <mask>
> > -Xgc <gc options>
> > -Xem <em options>
> > -Xdumpfile <file>
> >
> > I going to file a JIRA issue about this problem is nobody minds..

VM