harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][doc]Recommend to remove trunk\doc\kernel_doc and trunk\doc\vm_doc from svn repository.
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 06:25:11 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Paulex Yang wrote:
>
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm still pro stuffing the generated content into the svn fo the
>>> website, and then pushing that out, because in the next snapshot, I
>>> want to start getting into the habit of including the entire website
>>> generated docs (except tim's eclipse movie) in the tar file, so that
>>> users have information at the ready when they download.
>>>
>>> So +1 for :
>>>
>>> - getting the generated stuff out of classlib and drlvm trees
>>> - autogenerating as part of our CI
>>> - putting into SVN of website
>>> - publishing
>> AFAIK, publishing to website still needs some manual work? (ssh,
>> update or so)
>
> For now, yes, although with these new-fangled television-typewriters,
> I hear you can make them do things automatically.  :)
Really? Is it expensive? ;-)

Back to document, do you mean to generate document into the
standard/site instead of current enhanced/classlib/doc? I this this is
good idea so that everyone can access the API document online. But I
didn't catch up if you meant the publish should be automatically updated
by CI? I thought the API document only needs manual update when necessary...

> geir

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab
IBM