harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][test] Test input/output files location
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:48:40 GMT
Denis Kishenko wrote:
> I am going to fix some commented tests from java.awt.geom package. I
> have several organizational questions before start to do.
>
> 1. Where is the best place to put test resource files (golden files)?
> Testing conventions [1] keep silence about this. There are many such
> files located near the tests, for example
> modules\awt\src\test\api\java\common\java\awt\geom\shapes\*
> modules\awt\src\test\api\java\common\java\awt\shapes\*
I cannot find it in the archive, but IIRC, this topic was discussed
before, and the conclusion was they should be in the
modules\awt\src\test\resources\<package structure>

> 2. Where is the best place to put test output files? Now it is
> modules\awt\bin\test\java\awt\shapes\output
> modules\awt\bin\test\java\awt\geom\shapes\output
If they are used temporarily, they should be removed after the test
execution, so IMHO the position is not so significant, but maybe the
user temp directory is good place to go.

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab