harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][test]Deal with un-deleted temp files created in tests
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 05:46:36 GMT
Hi,

     Recently I find some temp files created in tests are not deleted.
We may delete them, or put them in test/resource .
     1)in module\archive:
       modules\archive\GZIPOutFinish.txt
       modules\archive\GZIPOutClose2.txt
       modules\archive\GZIPOutWrite.txt
       modules\archive\JDK2-3gabba.zip
     Take a close look into it, the first three files are created in
GZIPOutputStreamTest. Seems the files were deleted in tearDown(), but
very strangely the lines of deleting files was comment-out without any
comment. Do anyone know why? If I delete these files, no error was
occurred in test on winxp.
     And the last file was created ZipFileTest, which has a comment that
"Note zfile is a user-defined zip file used by other tests and should
not be deleted", it seems it must be put in resource directory.
However,if I do delete it in tearDown(), no error was occurred while run
archive test on winxp.
     2)in luni:
     modules\luni\hyts_missingclass.ser
     This file is created in ObjectInputStreamTest. The test try to test
serialization, however it did not follow our serialization-test
framework. The fix is easy (change it to use the framework).
     3)in jndi:
     a new directory "org\apache\harmony\jndi\tests\javax\naming\spi"
with a file "jndiprovider.properties" and a sub directory "mock".
     This directory is created in NamingManagerTest, I guess it must be
put in some place in test\resource ?

     Any suggestions/comments? And any more such files to deal? Thanks!
--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM