harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][math]three tests fail, anyone else see this?
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 06:11:19 GMT
Anyone else see these test errors of BigDecimalConstructorsTest?

testConstrDoubleNaN            Failure    Improper exception message
expected:<...e...> but was:<...y...>
testConstrDoublePosInfinity    Failure    Improper exception message
expected:<...e...> but was:<...y...>
testConstrDoubleNegInfinity    Failure    Improper exception message
expected:<...e...> but was:<...y...>

I believe it is caused by the patch of i18n message properties, it
returns "Infinity or NaN", I've updated it at revision r450333, but is
it necessary to verify exception message so strictly like this?

<code>
        try {
            new BigDecimal(a);
            fail("NumberFormatException has not been caught");
        } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
            assertEquals("Improper exception message", "Infinite or NaN",
                    e.getMessage());
        }
</code>

--