harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] NPE is thrown when the kernel tests are run on Windows at revision 448448
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:07:17 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Do you think this is a drlvm issue or a classlib issue?
I guess it is an integration issue, i.e., ICU4J's UCharacter needs to
load some resources for initialization, while at that time on DRLVM,
some necessary kernel classes haven't been inited, so that the
UCharacter cannot load these properties sucessfully and leave them to
null. I'll roll back the patch for Character temporarily  if no one
objects, and will look inside  later(I need to checkout ICU4J's source
at first ...).

> geir
>
> On Sep 21, 2006, at 1:07 AM, Vladimir Gorr wrote:
>
>> NPE is thrown for all kernel tests when testing is run on Windows at
>> revision 448448:
>>
>> build.bat -Djunit.jar=%JUNIT_HOME%/junit-4.0.jar kernel.test

>>    [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.Class1_5Test
>>    [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
>>    [junit]     at
>> com.ibm.icu.lang.UCharacter.getProperty(UCharacter.java
>> :6073)
>>
>>    [junit]     at
>> com.ibm.icu.lang.UCharacter.getType(UCharacter.java:2974)
>>    [junit]     at
>> com.ibm.icu.lang.UCharacter.isWhitespace(UCharacter.java
>> :3162)
>>    [junit]     at java.lang.Character.isWhitespace(Character.java:3091)
>>    [junit]     at java.lang.Character.isWhitespace(Character.java:3078)
>>    [junit]     at java.util.Properties.load(Properties.java:378)
>>    [junit]     at java.util.PropertyResourceBundle.<init>(
>> PropertyResourceBundle.java:44)
>> snipped
>>
>> Does anybody observe this issue? As for Linux all works fine.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Vladimir.

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab