harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] Jars work again, and other notes
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:29:58 GMT
I'm at a conference today, but in my idle bits of time, I restored the
capability to do

    java -jar foo.jar

I added a little JarRunner class to our kernel classes, but we should
move this to classlib, as there's nothing DRLVM specific about it.  I
also had to modify the launcher to get this to work, as there's a
codepath in the launcher that makes DRLVM crash hard.  I've commented it
out because it was just a safety check, but it would be good for us to
figure out what it is.  Broken windows, and all that.

One thing I noticed is that we now have to set JAVA_HOME correctly.  We
never had to do this before, and from the stacktraces generated, I
haven't a clue why.  Something for someone to figure out.

Anyway, I'm going to test a bit more and then do a new set of snapshots.

geir