harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][concurrent] Next IBM VME request
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:24:01 GMT
Just revisiting this thread -- and even I can't decipher what I wrote as
I ran out the door.

Let me try again.  Rather than put sun.misc.Unsafe into luni-kernel I
suggest that we have an o.a.h.kernel.vm.Risky[1] type containing just
the relevant subset of operations that we need for concurrent to work,
and put that subset into kernel.  Then we can implement Unsafe in terms
of those methods and work on convincing the concurrency group to
generalize their impl.

Once we have the Harmony subset defined I can look at getting them into
the IBM VME.

[1] or o.a.h.concurrent... package, or whatever we decide.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)