harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1363 - status update
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:49:25 GMT

Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x1E5 day of Apache Harmony Egor Pasko wrote:
>> On the 0x1E5 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
>>> Ok - I was testing with Tomcat 5.5.17 on Ubuntu and it seems to work
>>> wiht both release and debug builds.
>>>
>>> Strange problem is that something is really slow - server start time
>>> is something like 17 sec on my machine, but 1.7 w/ Sun.  Clearly
>>> something is broken.
>> I am looking into the slow startup problem.
>> It'll take some time to download everything...
>
> hmm.. I had to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to dynamically link to
> libhysig.so (I remember there was a pretty java.exec some day, now it
> is gone)

There should be no need for that if you are using the Harmony launcher,
as it sets things up properly.

> And got a failure as follows:
> $ ./java Hello
> free(): invalid pointer 0xbfffd148!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x40b7960e!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x40d6da7c!
> free(): invalid pointer 0xbfffd148!
> SIGSEGV in VM code.
> Stack trace:
>
> after that VM hang not responding to ^C, killed
> similar things on debug and release configs...
>
> SUSE 9
>
> Am I doing something wrong? do we build with 'build.sh' yet?

?

I build only w/ build.sh

Here's how I work these days : I have checked out

     enhanced/trunk

and run "ant" in that directory, which will do a svn switch on
working_classlib and working_vm, checking out the head of classlib/trunk
and drlvm/trunk into those two directories.

If you let that run, it will build classlib and drlvm, and then package
in to hdk and jre, but I don't use this in my day to day life.

I tend to go into either working_vm and build there via build/build.sh
(note you need to either set -Dextern.dep.CLASSLIB.loc correctly, or
just have a drlvm.properties file in working_vm/build or when I need a
classlib update, go up into working_classlib, do an svn update, and then
ant.

I should document this...

geir