harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1363 - status update
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 03:29:05 GMT

Vladimir Gorr wrote:

>> I now have things building and running with the 1363 patch - more work
>> for the launcher was needed.
>>
>> I'm now using the harmonyvm.properties file in the <vmdir>, and this is
>> working well.
>>
>> I am now able to run tests, although I have one failure in StackTest,
>> and interestingly, the new testsuite that came with the thread manager
>> isn't running.
>

> This problem will disappear after applying the H-1431 patch.

Nice, I read through the patch, and I like it.

However, as I did spend some time trying to grok the smoke and cunit
test frameworks, can you write a short paragraph explaining why it had
to be changed?

I don't understand the theory behind the test system, why it had parts
spread in places like vm.xml...

geir