harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] Put setInterruptAction() in our j.l.Thread stub?
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:33:57 GMT
Our VM interface documentation[1] is drifting out of sync with code
changes.  If anyone has time to refresh it, with help from the dev list,
that would be a very valuable task.  We should ensure that VM writers
understand how to get the harmony class library code working with their VM.

[1] amongst others,
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/doc/kernel_doc/html/index.html?view=co

Regards,
Tim

Oliver Deakin wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> This came up in another thread.
>>
>> Currently, java.nio.channels.spi.AbstractInterruptibleChannel depends
>> on there being a setInterruptAction() method on java.lang.Thread.
>>
>> I certainly think that this kind of thing should be documented, so the
>> question - should we add this to our Thread stub class?
>
> Yes we should - I didn't realise initially that this method was being
> used (since it was private).
> Now we know it's in use in AbstractInterruptibleChannel, we'd better put
> some doc in for future
> kernel writers. Can someone just bring back the original comments and
> method stub that was
> there?
>
> Regards,
> Oliver