harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [j9] Doesn't deal with -showversion
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:52:30 GMT
Is it just me, or does something similar happen with -version? I get:

$ java -version
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
JVMJ9VM007E Command-line option unrecognised: -version
HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM
FAILED.

Ill take a look at this too.

Regards,
Oliver

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Oliver and Co :
>
> I don't know if you caught this in another thread, but I recently
> changed the launcher to pass the "-showversion" cmd line param through
> to the VM after the launcher prints out its version, so that we can
> also know the version of the VM.
>
> The problem with this brilliant strategy is that J9 doesn't actually
> deal with -showversion.
>
> Can you add that to the list of things to tweak?  Either silently
> swallow it, or print something useful would be my suggestion...
>
> geir

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited