harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][TestNG] Use tweaked TestNG
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:14:09 GMT

Richard Liang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been discussing with the author of TestNG (Cedric) about
> Harmony using a tweaked TestNG which does not require
> java.util.concurrent. The feedback is we could use the tweaked TestNG
> as long as we do not re-distributed it. So now it's possible to deploy
> TestNG in Harmony.

Huh?  TestNG is under the Apache License as far as I can tell.  We can
tweak to our heart's content, and distribute at will, as long as we
don't call the tweaked version "TestNG".

But we don't want to distribute it anyway.

> What do you think we take a simple module (prefs?) to run a pilot? Or
> let's waiting for the completion of j.u.concurrent. Thanks a lot.

Is there a way this tweak can be packaged as a patch to testNG that we
keep here and use in Harmony until J.u.c is ready?

geir